Tuesday, July 21, 2009

My second ever mosaic project


When I started mosaicing about eight years ago (holy cow) I worked with tile before moving mostly to glass. This is the second thing that I ever made. My awesome Dad made the table and I did the mosaic straight onto a piece of plywood that we then dropped in and grouted.

The table is at the lake, hence the fish design (which I got out of a book). I can still remember how cutting the tile into specific sized pieces really hurt my hand because you had to use so much pressure with the tile nippers. I also remember my roommate yelling at me about the tile shards everywhere. She wasn't too happy when I moved to glass.

1 comment:

  1. yeah, ahem, who doesn't love glass stuck in your feet when you are already late for class?!

    ReplyDelete